Every year thousands of residents come out to see the Northland Parade. In order to ensure the safety and enjoyment for spectators and participants, there are a few simple tips to follow.
- Candy will be handed to children, not thrown. Do not allow yourself or anyone in your party to enter the street to retrieve candy or any other reason! This endangers the people in the street as well as the parade participants. Further, you should never eat candy once it hits the ground. A cleaning crew will dispose of it afterwards.
- Arrive early and be prepared to stay for awhile! Some spectators arrive as early as 10 am! The parade step-off is at 11 am and generally lasts until 1 pm. This means that in order to make the most of the experience, you should make yourself comfortable with a folding chair or ground blanket. Also, be sure to bring sun block and water to drink.
- The parade is held – rain or shine. Dress for the weather.
- We LOVE animals! Please be aware, though, that we have animals in the parade who may spook as well as the safety of parade participants and fellow spectators to keep in mind. Please keep your pet on a leash and clean up after their messes.
- We provide trash cans and recycling bins all along the parade route for your convenience. PLANT PRIDE NOT LITTER! You can recycle paper without food remnants, empty plastic bottles, and empty cans. Everything else should be deposited into the trash receptacles.
- Please remember when you are deciding what to wear that we have a wealthy representation of Law Enforcement, Fire Brigade, and Military installments. We appreciate spectators who do not heckle these participants verbally or in their clothing choices. These individuals are people just like you who put their lives on the line every day to serve and protect our citizens. Please be as respectful to them as you would want to be respected. Remember, our children are watching!